Online surveys are an integral part of increasing customer loyalty and customer feedback. They make it possible for your website visitors to interact more with your site and offer reviews that you can use to improve your customer experience.
If you have a WordPress website, there are numerous WordPress Survey plugins that you can choose from to add surveys to your site. However, which plugin do you choose and why? What features do you look for?
Well, that is exactly what we will explore in this article.
Why use Surveys?
The main objective of the having surveys is to earn honest customer feedback regarding their experience on the products or services you offer. Unlike other forms of market research, website surveys give you control over the design of the survey, the questions to ask, the response confines, and the general flow of the questions.
You also receive a direct response from the customers making it easy for you to do better analysis.
While you can conduct surveys through different means, using a survey plugin does the heavy lifting for you; therefore, the process much easier and enjoyable. It helps to make interactive content which increases the engagement rate in your site.
Things to look for in a survey plugin
- The first key point is looking at the features the plugin offers. Aim for a plugin that offers the best features you need, multiple templates, and one that is easy to use.
- Look for a plugin that offers advanced analytical tools. Why collect data if you can’t analyse it? The data will be simply useless.
- If you are planning to display the results of the survey on your website, then choose the plugin that provides you with the feature to embed the data results.
With that said, here are the eight best WordPress survey plugins.
WPForms is one of the best WordPress plugins you can depend on for conducting surveys and polls for interacting with your website viewers. It is a user-friendly plugin that even a beginner can use easily, and have several features that can make your surveys effective.
There are two versions of WP Forms- free and premium. In the WPForms Lite, which is the free version, you can create the forms with the help of a drag and drop interface that has all the functions you need.
Its features include;
- You can create your forms using the simple drag and drop interface in this form builder without the need for coding. This is a responsive plugin that works even on mobile.
- The spam submissions in the forms are prevented by adding the smart captcha and spam protection feature provided by this plugin.
- It allows you to add any fields to the survey form such as text fields, radio buttons, ratings, checkboxes, and many more, for collecting any information you need from the users.
- There is a reporting section in this plugin that provides you with the reports in the form of charts and graphs on the data received. The results of the survey can be shown on any of the WordPress pages by a shortcode or by redirecting them to the results page.
- The conditional logic feature helps you to personalize the questions depending on the answers from users.
- The forms can be sent to any other secondary tool and external service without using coding.
- The Form Locker Addon is a feature that helps you to access control rules, allowing you to lock the form with permissions.
- You are allowed to create customized newsletter signup forms, registration forms, and multi-step forms in WordPress using this plugin service.
- You will receive a notification email when anyone fills your forms which helps you to view their response immediately and easily.
- The upload of files, documents, or images along with the forms are possible, payment forms can also be created through this plugin.
It features different pricing options with the cheapest option costing $39.50 per year. Other options include the Plus plan that costs $99.50 per year, Pro version costing $199 per year, and Elite version costing $299.50 per year.
Here is a link to the different pricing options.
Gravity Forms have various add-ons that help you to create surveys to collect information and feedback from the people. It offers an extensive list of features across its three premium pricing options.
- If you are looking for a plugin that will allow you to make simple, yet advanced surveys, this is the perfect choice for you. No coding or prior knowledge is needed, all you need to do is edit the fields, and you are good to go.
- For the basic premium option, you get features such as unlimited forms, unlimited entries, conditional logic, multi-page forms, file uploads, automatic updates, and standard support. It is limited to only one site.
- Email auto-responders mechanism in this form helps you to be notified whenever the users submit the form.
- It allows users to save survey forms as partially completed to complete later.
- You can limit the number of forms received, or schedule it to get the data according to your requirements.
It is not that pocket-friendly since the basic option costs $59 per year. Other options include Elite License which costs $259 per year, Pro License which costs $159 per year.
Wp-Polls is a free plugin that provides lots of customization options when you want to create your survey. It offers a simple but professional design platform that you can easily customize within minutes, and with total control over each element.
- It is user-friendly and comes fully packed with all the customizable choices you need to create a professional and engaging survey.
- It features pre-made templates that can you can customize to fit your different needs instead of starting from scratch.
- A unique feature that sets Wp-Polls apart is the ability to set your survey form as a widget to the widget-friendly areas in your site.
- It always supports the requirements of the user and provides regular updates with improvised features.
For the people who are looking for a premium plugin that has features and add-ons, this is the perfect choice for you. This plugin enables you to design surveys, payment forms, or even create a quiz for your WordPress site.
- It offers super-advanced features and capabilities such as popup forms, shortcodes, leaderboards, login forms, trackback page, conditional logic feature, plus others.
- Extremely responsive and easy to use, even for beginners.
- In the payment forms, it supports PayPal, WooCommerce, plus other payment choices that might fit your functionality needs.
It costs $39 for a 6-month license and $52 for a 12-month license.
Everest Forms is an easy drag and drop form builder plugin that allows you to take full advantage of your creativity in designing interactive survey forms. It offers incredible features and has a free version that you can use if you have a limited budget.
- You can create an unlimited number of forms through this plugin.
- Supports both single and two-column forms
- 100% mobile responsive
- Anti-scam measures using Google ReCaptcha.
- Multiple form template designs to choose from
- The drag and drop feature in this plugin helps you to add the fields that you need without any difficulty.
- Conditional logic capabilities.
- The admin reporting feature shows you the pie-charts and graphs based on the information collected from the forms.
- You can choose the survey fields from the Rating, Likert, and Scale Rating.
It offers different pricing options for different users: Personal plan costing $49 per year, Plus plan costing $99 per year, Professional plan costing $149 per year, and Agency plan that costs $199 per year. Click here to explore the pricing options.
Formidable Forms is a one-stop-shop for all your form needs. It offers numerous form options such as calculator forms, payment forms, registration forms, contact forms, survey forms, directory forms, and listing views.
- It features an easy drag and drop form builder that’s easy to use even by beginners.
- There are numerous form templates that you can choose from to get you started immediately
- Features online calculator forms that give you instant estimates of the data provided by the people who filled your form.
- You can get access to the data and customer feedback without using coding experience.
- This form can be turned into automated quizzes if you need them, while also applying categorisation for results.
- It shows the images instead of the radio buttons or checkboxes when you create a survey form.
- The plugin allows the importing of entries from other places, also it exports the forms, entries, or views to other sites.
- Offers a mobile responsive layout, perfectly fitting your theme and other design needs
- Multi-page form feature to reduce the complexity of the form, also it provides the autosave option for the user.
- Viewers can be allowed to add more fields in the form when they are entering the details.
- The forms can be scheduled and limit the responses, also provides invisible spam protection to the user.
It offers four different premium options; Basic plan which costs $49.36 per year, Plus plan costing $99.38 per year, Business plan costing $99.43 per year, and Elite plan costing $399.5 per year. Click here to view the features of different plans.
Quiz and Survey Master is one of the commonly used plugins for creating survey forms on your WordPress site. It helps you to include all the popular form fields. You can even try creating a multi-page survey with this form builder. It is a perfectly built plugin that suits the needs of all WordPress users from beginners to advanced users. It doesn’t offer a free option; however, the premium options come packed with a ton of features and at relatively fair prices.
- This is an easy plugin that helps you in creating quizzes or surveys with a drag and drop interface.
- By utilising their premium add-ons, you can get the filtered display of the responses published by viewers. It will be represented as a box, bar, and pie chart plots.
- The results from the forms can be exported into the CSV or connect with Google Sheets for you to view and analyse the results in real-time.
- It is easier for you to collect the information from the users with different field types, you can offer different options in the survey forms including an email opt-in.
- You can create an unlimited number of quizzes and surveys.
- Quick and responsive support from their technical team
- You can access different advanced features such as reporting and analysis, email marketing campaigns, funnel optimisation using a CRM software, export results capabilities
They offer different pricing options for different customers: Starter bunder costing $79 per year, and the premium bundle costing $149 per year. Check out their different features.
YOP Polls is an incredible alternative that allows you to easily and seamlessly integrate your survey in your blog post/page and manage polls within your WordPress dashboard. It offers you a chance to easily edit different items without losing sight of your design needs. Some of its features include.
- Intuitive and friendly interface
- Customizable display
- It offers a schedule timer for setting when the survey should start and end. You can even put multiple polls simultaneously by using this property.
- You can limit the number of people who see the surveys to be either your registered users only or everyone or even block some users by username, cookie, or IP.
- You are allowed to view or display the results of the polls according to your needs with the help of poll ID, date, or other criteria.
- The results displayed can be sorted or managed based on your interests. You can also choose the details you would like to display or to keep private.
- You can add custom fields to the form. You can even ask for extra information from your users.
- You can create surveys with single or multiple answers, and even add multiple fields to get detailed information from the audience.
It offers both free and premium versions, with the premium version costing $17 for the personal plan and a Plus version that costs $27. They are both one-time payments. Check out their different features here.
All the above plugins are super incredible and will definitely fit your needs regardless of the choice you go for. You cannot go wrong here. However, it is the minor differences that render each plugin unique compared to the others, and that is what you need to look for.
Our pick is definitely WPForms. We have been using it for the last two plus years and have fallen in love with it. It’s so well packaged and has all the features and functionalities you need at the click of a mouse.
Before making your choice, I would suggest you determine the features you desire, compare the different options relative to those features, and then come up with a final decision. Also, consider checking the prices and choose the one that best aligns with your budget.